Thursday, July 25, 2013

Sticky Buns, Meet Ham & Cheese

I am a bit surprised I haven't shared this recipe with you yet. I'm guessing it's because it's one I don't make too often. Not because it isn't delicious, but precisely because it is. Two sticks of butter delicious to be exact. The kind of thing that sticks to your buns. (Pun completely intended.)


Ham & Cheese Sticky Buns

1 package Martin's party rolls
1 pound sliced ham
3/4 pound sliced American or Swiss cheese
1 cup butter
1/3 cup brown sugar
2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
2 Tbsp. mustard (I use spicy brown mustard)

Leaving the rolls attached to one another, slice them in half so you have tops and bottoms. Lay the bottoms in a 9x13" baking dish. Then lay the ham on top, followed by the cheese.




Put the roll tops on top of the cheese.


Bring the butter, brown sugar, Worcestershire, and mustard to a boil and boil for two minutes. Stay next to your pot and keep stirring because that is one sticky mess you don't want boiling over! Not that I speak from experience or anything...


Pour mixture over rolls in baking dish and bake for 20 to 30 minutes at 350˚.


Devour.


I typically make these for supper, but Keith has been known to eat the leftovers for breakfast. I'm thinking it would be amazing to slip a fried egg in for the morning...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...