Thursday, January 23, 2014

Bourbon Balls

Every year at Christmas, my Mom-mom makes one of Keith's favorite holiday treats: bourbon balls. They are incredibly simple, and pack a bit of a punch. We made a batch to take to our friends' house on New Year's Eve, so Keith actually got to enjoy them twice in one holiday season!

Bourbon Balls

2 1/2 cups finely crushed vanilla wafers (about 10 ounces)
1 1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
2 Tbsp. finely ground hazelnuts
1/4 cup bourbon
2 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
3 Tbsp. corn syrup
1/3 cup granulated sugar

1. Mix crumbs, confectioners' sugar, hazelnuts, bourbon, cocoa, and corn syrup in medium-sized bowl.
(I put the vanilla wafers and hazelnuts in my food processor to crush/grind them.)

2. Press all ingredients in bowl together to form a large ball.



3. Shape into balls, 1 tablespoon each; place on waxed paper.

4. Place granulated sugar in a small, shallow dish. Roll small balls in sugar to coat. Place in a tightly cover container for at least 24 hours for flavors to develop.





Make-ahead tip: Store in tightly covered container in a cool place up to several weeks.

I bet Mom-mom likes this recipe because she can make it ahead of time and get it crossed off her holiday list early!

Ok, I think that officially wraps up posts regarding the holidays...

1 comment:

  1. I have a bottle of Wild Turkey that I now know how to use. They look decadent! Probably shouldn't make them just for me! Haha!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...