Sunday, December 30, 2012

Christmas Recap

We've been MIA for a week now, but only on the blog here. The action hasn't stopped in real life. The holiday went kind of like this...

Sunday: Christmas at my mom-mom's with my mom's side of the family.
Monday (Christmas Eve): Christmas with Keith's parents and brother.
Tuesday (Christmas): Real Christmas. Finally. At home, and my parents, brother and niece came to visit for awhile.
Wednesday - Friday: Bert and I went up to my parents' to hang out with said parents, brother and niece while Keith went to work. We gathered with my dad's side of the family Wednesday evening.

And now we are home, with some low-key New Year's celebrations ahead of us (I'm really looking forward to the balloon-drop "midnight" at a friend's house early tomorrow evening and snacking into the night back at home). Then we will do pork and sauerkraut with Keith's parents and extended family on New Year's Day and the holidays will officially be a wrap.

Since looking at photos are so much more fun than reading about it, here's a few. I didn't take that many; I'm finding that holidays and other gatherings are so much more fun without a camera in front of my face. So mostly I snap a few (if I have even remembered the camera) and then put it away and enjoy myself. Live in the moment and all that.

This is for P and Shell...


I love a white Christmas! Didn't Mr. Griswold do a nice job with the imported Italian twinkle lights?


In the words of a high school friend, here's our dinker tree. We're looking forward to a real tree next year, complete with Bert's set of trains from his great-grandpop running around it.


Santa came and left gifts, even though we flubbed up and forgot to put out cookies. Oops.


I don't know who was more interested, the cat or the kid.


Bert went to bed Christmas Eve in really cute Christmas pajamas. And then his diaper was soaked through by morning so this was Plan B on the Christmas pajamas/festive outfit for the day.


He's got the hang of this present thing.




The traditional Christmas orange, with a twist.


He's a little obsessed with his wooden "fut" and knife.



A potty from Santa!


Tractor book! Let's read!


Christmas morning breakfast of bacon bread pudding. Yes, you read that right. Recipe to follow.


All in all, a wonderful holiday spent with lots of the people we love. Bert got so many nice gifts; a big thank you to all of you! I can't even say he has a favorite because he has been playing with everything and enjoying them all.

Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday and best wishes for a happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...