Thursday, November 29, 2012

Olive Love

Since the holidays, and all the gatherings they involve, are right around the corner, I thought I would share a simple hors d'oeuvre recipe Keith and I like. My mom has made it on numerous occasions, and I think it comes from an old Betty Crocker cookbook. File it under "not healthy for you at all."

Olive-Cheese Balls

2 cups shredded sharp natural cheddar cheese (you could probably use a milder cheese if you don't like the strong flavor of a sharp cheese)
1 1/4 cups flour
1/2 cup margarine or butter, melted
About 36 small pimento-stuffed olives

Mix cheese and flour; mix in margarine. (Work dough with hands if it seems dry)


Mold 1 teaspoon around each olive; shape into a ball.
Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.


Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
Bake at 400, until set: 15-20 minutes.


I think next time I make these I might try mixing some herbs in the dough. Though we certainly haven't had any trouble eating them just as they are.

2 comments:

  1. I forgot to tell you at Mom's night how good they were! Thanks for sharing the recipe (my hips don't thank you though).

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mouth is watering! These look divine! Thank you for sharing. I can't wait to try them.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...