Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Shalom in the Home

Last night we celebrated the first night of Hanukkah, and Bert's first first night of Hanukkah. For us, lighting the Hanukkah candles is a nod to my Jewish heritage and a reminder to slow down and enjoy simple things, like the flickering of candles, in our busy lives. Keith always has a few small, thoughtful Hanukkah gifts for me, and even Bert had something to open.





While I'm thinking of it, I would also like to share a prayer for travelers I came across, as we all get ready to travel to see family and friends for the holidays. Or in the case of my cousin, you are getting ready to take the trip of a lifetime to Israel!

May God direct your steps toward tranquility and keep you from the hands of every foe. 
May you be safe from all misfortune on this earth. 
May God grant you mercy in his eyes and in the eyes of all who see you.

Happy Hanukkah to those of you who celebrate it, and to everyone else, may you experience all the wonder and miracles of this happy season!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...