Monday, August 4, 2014

Cabbage Salad

My mom-mom shared a new cabbage salad recipe with us, and I'm kind of in love. Keith likes it too, but says it's still a tie with the coleslaw I often make. I think this salad actually holds up better over the course of a couple days, and soaks up more of the flavor, which is nice because it usually takes us that long to get through it.


4th of July Cabbage Salad
from my mom-mom's friend Jane

Toss together:

1 head of cabbage, chopped or shredded, or 1 bag of coleslaw
4-5 scallions, sliced
1-2 cups toasted almonds (I went with about 1 cup slivered almonds; Mom-mom says peanuts work too)
2 Tbsp sesame seeds (optional – I put in sunflower seeds because I had them on hand)
1 package chicken-flavored ramen noodles, broken into pieces

Mix dressing together:
Flavoring packet from noodles
1/2 cup vegetable oil
3 Tbsp white vinegar
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper

Pour dressing over cabbage mixture and toss together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...