Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Hanukkah Handiwork

Hanukkah is nearly over, but I suppose it isn't too late to show you our little craft. I thought Colter would be really into coloring with markers, but not so much. It took much coaxing from me and then some more from Keith just to get a couple of scribbles out of him. Anyway, this is a really simple craft that only takes six popsicle sticks, some glue, markers, and ribbon.

Simply glue three popsicle sticks into a triangle, do the same with another three and then glue them together to make a Star of David. I marked out where to put my glue and used glue dots, keeping the mess to a minimum and eliminating the drying time.



Then color as much (or as little) as you like. You could use glitter or whatever you like to decorate them,  or even spray paint them silver if you wanted them to be fancier.


Markers work just fine with the toddler set.


Then I simply looped some ribbon around so the stars can be hung and marked Colter's name and the year on the back. We gave them to his Mom-mom and Memere to celebrate Hanukkah. 

Pinterest worthy? Maybe not. But still worth it.

I forgot when I put this up to share that when we lit the candles on the first night of Hanukkah, Colter said, "Now we're ready for cake!" 

And just for fun, here's Elliott in his funny little hat. Now I have visions of knitting stocking caps for my boys...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...