Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Funny and Fast


Why My Third Husband Will Be a Dog
The Amazing Adventures of an Ordinary Woman
by Lisa Scottoline

Having been the recipient of several of Lisa Scottoline's columns, clipped from The Philadelphia Inquirer and mailed to me by my Mom-mom, I figured that it was a safe bet that I would enjoy this collection of her columns. I was right on the money. Her witty observations and fast delivery made this a quick and fun read. She reminds me of Seinfeld, only based in the suburbs, Italian, and with estrogen. And she talks about her estrogen quite a bit. Scottoline is funny and frank, often mining her family, friends, and pets for humor and not above trawling her own quirks for material. I have never read any of her novels, but I think I might check them out just to see if she brings the same off-the-cuff humor and heartfelt prose to fiction as she uses to recount her life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...