Friday, January 13, 2012

Spoons and Such

I'm not a neat freak, I'm not obsessive about things (generally), and I can live with the disorder of everyday life. But every once in a while, I find myself doing strange, slightly neurotic things. Like matching the color of the baby spoon to Bert's meal.


Carrots and apples anyone? I mentioned this to Keith and was quite relieved when he admitted to spoon-matching as well. So maybe I'm normal. Or the more likely explanation is that we are both a little nutty.

We got this set of six spoons at the baby shower and we use them every single day. (I'm sorry I can't remember who gave them to us but thank you!) Just so you have a clear picture of what I'm talking about, there's a feeding key below.


1. I think this blue-and-purple beauty had a stint out of the drawer for prunes.
2. Our carrot-and-apple favorite. Also seen in sweet potato and nectarine combinations.
3. Used for one of Bert's new combinations: pears and green beans.
4. Our butternut squash and anything else standby.
5. A morning yogurt classic. Yogurt is cold, purple and blue are cool colors; in this context, that passes for logic.
6. Having made a few early appearances, our green friend is ready for his breakout role with the broccoli, spinach, and cauliflower baby food I made this week.

Just so you know, I am not to the point where I will wash a dirty spoon just so I have it to match Bert's food. No, I'm too lazy to be that neurotic. And let's face it: Bert really doesn't care a bit. He would eat yogurt off of a credit card like his Popper and not bat an eye.

2 comments:

  1. Oooh! That is too funny! I love it! I could totally see myself being that way given the opportunity. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. uh oh, I think you get it from me. xo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...