Sunday, May 15, 2011

Spicing It Up

Ever have a project or a task that you keep thinking you need to take care of, and know you'll be happier if you just get it done but never feel like doing it?

The thing that has been hanging around my to-do list for weeks was to reorganize my spice rack. It was a wedding gift and came with the jars full of spices. Some of them we just never use though and since it is going on four years since we got married, if the spices haven't been used yet, they probably aren't going to be. And I had a drawer full of spices we do use that tumble around and I have to dig through every time I need something. So I decided it was finally time to empty out all the ones I don't use and fill the jars with ones I do and hopefully get all my spices in one place.

Probably the most tedious part of this was washing all the little jars. I think that's why I put it off so long.


Then I was able to take the most commonly used spices from here:


and here:


and get most of them in here:


Aren't my masking tape labels lovely? You would think since I work for a label printing company I could come up with something a little better. Not everything fits in the rack, but at least it frees up a drawer and the other oddball seasonings (like grill rubs and such) are confined to the white basket in the photo above, which fits neatly on the shelf above the spice rack. So at least everything is in the same spot.

And in case you are wondering, the spices in the rack are arranged alphabetically. Did you really expect something different? Keith got a chuckle out of that, but he'll be in trouble if I find things out of order.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...